A Low-Friction Non-Corrosive Wear Pad System
U.S. Patent No. 9,360,139 B1
C-SADDLE™ is the next generation protection between the pipe and pipe support that stops dangerous crevice corrosion.
C-SADDLES™ are a major improvement on current technologies in crevice corrosion protection.
What makes the C-SADDLE™ process so much better?
- The C-SADDLE™ uses a flat siding surface between the saddle and the pipe support.
- Old technologies use the rounded surfaces of the fiberglass or PVC saddle as the contact points between the pipe and support. This leads to excessively high PSI point loadings on the support that result in accelerated wear to the old style saddles. The broken seal is now a trap for moisture and a hidden source of the dangerous crevice corrosion.
- The flat siding surfaces on the C-SADDLE™ can reduce the PSI point loading between the pipe and the support as much as 90%.
- The flat siding surfaces on the C-SADDLE™ keeps the saddles directly under the pipe and will not allow the saddles to rotate from under the pipe, as is the tendency of the old style saddles.
Our C-SADDLE™ uses a superior wear resistant structural NSM nylon sliding pad that has solid lubricant imbedded in the material.
- NSM Nylatron is over 300 times more abrasion resistant than Teflon with a similar coefficient of friction.
- This same material is being used as boom sheaves in crane booms throughout the industry.
• Our C-SADDLE™ is perfect for your new construction jobs but work just as well in your maintenance and retrofit projects. You can get C-SADDLES™ in multiple colors through special orders.
• C-SADDLES™ are inexpensive and reduce maintenance cost.
• C-SADDLES™ with its peel and stick technology can easily be installed by your field personnel following our simple installation procedures.